Thursday, December 24, 2009

Here I go again!

Alright well it's officially Christmas Eve! I can't believe that it is finally here! Last night I helped out with the Live Nativity here at church. It was a lot of fun, but most of all it was awesome to be a part of the reenactment of Jesus' birth. I was a shepherd, and it while I was playing that part, I found myself just pondering what it must have been like to be a shepherd when the angel came to speak to them. One of the things that I picked up from the Nativity last night was in the story it says that the angel appeared to the shepherds and THEN the skies opened up and a whole host of angels showed up singing praises to God. That is so cool. It must have scared the crap out of the shepherds. I know it probably would have scared me. There is also another part of the story that gets me every time, and that is when the angels tell them to go, they do. Without hesitation. They gather their sheep and go. Go and find a king that they have heard was supposed to come. If it weren't for the faith of shepherds and other significant followers of Jesus, this story would have never been known. As Christmas rolls in and out tomorrow so fast, I pray that we will all remember to go, when God tells us to. <><

No comments:

Post a Comment